All consults, classes & events are with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Appointments take place in our Phoenix/Scottsdale office, conveniently located off of the 101 and Scottsdale Road.
LATCH CLINIC | 45 minutes | $65 | in office
A short consultation meant to provide meaningful assessment and care plan. Latch Clinic appointments can be rolled into full consultation appointments. [Latch Clinic appointments are generally scheduled on Wednesdays, but may be available on other days as time allows; please call or text if you have additional questions.]
- Weight check
- Breast Assessment
- Infant Oral Exam
- Written Care Plan
**We are contracted with United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and TRICARE; for other providers, a Superbill to submit to insurance for reimbursement can be given (contact your insurance provider for coverage details).***
FEEDING YOUR NEWBORN: ALL ABOUT THOSE BREASTS (AND BABIES) | approximately 2 hours & 30 minutes | $80 per couple | limited to 6 couples per class | in office
Bring your partner or primary support person for a fun and educational class packed with information about breastfeeding your newborn.
This class includes:
- our “Top 10 Things to Know About Breastfeeding”
- discussion of breastfeeding perceptions and the “booby traps” that sabotage breastfeeding
- a short (but important!) lesson in the anatomy and physiology of the breast
- demonstration of effective positioning and latch techniques
- education about infant cues and typical baby behaviors
- identifying red flags and issues
- setting expectations and building confidence
- resources for ongoing support and evidence-based information
- finding and developing your support system
- up-to-date handouts and/or links to supporting materials.
We will provide a selection of healthy snacks; please feel free to bring your own food or something to share during our break/Q&A time!
**We are contracted with United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and TRICARE; for other providers, a Superbill to submit to insurance for reimbursement can be given (contact your insurance provider for coverage details).**
Returning soon – watch for details!